03 May 2010

Stray Thoughts Strut

1) Hockey Talky: The Bruins won the first game of their Division Semi-final against the Philadelphia Flyers. We were playing the Flyers and not the scarier Pittsburgh Steelers because the Montreal Canadiens - the Bruins' sworn enemies, also known as Les Habitants for Frenchy reasons - won their last series, which means that they have to play the Steelers. The nervousness around playing the Steelers led to what Caitlin described as 'all of Boston cheering awkwardly for the Habs'. Very smooth. We're currently up 2-1 in the second game of the series. I'm thinking of you, Tim.

2) Paging Dr Kat!: Hey Massachusetts, how's your awesome infrastructure? And of course it happened on the first truly hot weekend we've had this year. Who needs drinking water in 90˚ weather, right? It looks like we'll be sorted by the middle of the week, but for now we're still boiling water for drinking, hand-washing, and cooking. I feel so old-school.

3) Shake, rattle, and roll: As of Thursday, I'll be joining my belly dancing teacher's troupe! For an idea of what I'll be getting up to, watch this. (You'll also get to see my teacher, Zehara, snake dancing. She is that cool.) The plan is for me to perform for the first time with them in June at a fundraiser Zehara's put together. Guys, I am stupidly excited about this. Belly dancing makes me happier than anything else in my life right now, and the idea that she reckons I'm good enough to perform is startling and touching. I promise to provide photos/links, as long as I don't do anything really stupid.



XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment