10 March 2010

I have to start somewhere...

...so here we go. I don't have much to say yet - I'm too jet-lagged - but I'm here and I'm conscious and I have a slightly narky but otherwise healthy Buster with me. All of these are good things.

The aforementioned furball has become the apple of my parents' eyes in no time at all, and I expect that he'll overtake me in the will stakes within the week. He seems to make friends wherever he goes: his fan club at the Qantas Freight terminal alone would make most pop stars seethe with jealousy. He was extremely well-behaved throughout the trip and I don't think he's stopped purring since we arrived, apart from a rather nasty run-in with my Boston cat Didi, which left me with a couple of angry-looking scratches on my hand and a renewed resolve to keep Buster safe in my room for a while yet.

I start work tomorrow - this is just a temp job, not the one I'm interviewing for on Friday - but I haven't got(ten) up to much yet. I took my computer in to get fixed yesterday, and thanks to the Apple Angels I'll have it back today. I'm using a loaner PC at the moment, and it's... well, it's free, so no complaints, but I'll be happy to return to my beloved Trillian. Apart from that I've been sticking pretty close to home, catching up on American television and trying not to think. In which news, the U.S. Women's Ice Hockey Team is on 'Ellen' today. Sometimes the jokes write themselves. (Another being the god-awful blush pink blazer she's wearing - with black pants and brown shoes, no less. Come on, babe: you've finally got the good hair, let your wardrobe catch up.)

Anyway. I'll follow up with something more... something... soon, but I wanted to get this started. Sign up to follow me and leave comments and all the rest: the more encouragement I get, the more likely I am to keep up with this, and I like having a project right now.

XOXO

4 comments:

  1. number one with a bullet.

    have an eggplant sub for me! and a cannoli. mmmm, boston. Good luck for the interview. Lots of love to you and the whole reunited family (or just united in Buster's case I guess).

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, i had no idea you were moving back! i hope you settle in well and get reacquainted with being right-side up again quickly and do well at your job interview!

    xo
    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola poppet,

    Good to hear from you. So I realised I never showed you any photo's of Albania! Email? Do a little email photo presentation. haha Hope youre finding your feet fast. Just give it all a bit of time I think. XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey El, had a read through your blog, Bec is VERY excited that she is now famous and in your blog. Sounds like you're keeping yourself occupied, keep up the good work. Hope you hear about that job soon. WIll be keeping an eye on here now, never read anyones blog before, it's pretty cool.
    Love ya mate x

    ReplyDelete