18 August 2010

A short play about American mobile phone service.

Me: Did you just send me a test text?


Caitlin: Yes. My phone has stopped receiving texts again. So infuriating. They promised me this would not happen again. Did you reply?


Me: No, because I'm on the phone with Verizon because I have stopped receiving texts as well.


Caitlin: Awesome. Although it seems you got mine?


Me: Yes, but I missed several from Colleen all day. And I still can't work out if Liz can send to/receive from me. $60/month! Oh, I replied, by the way.


Caitlin: Yeah, I didn't get it. Fuck.


Me: I find it more than a little ridiculous that they thanked me for joining Verizon at the end of a call consisting almost entirely of my ranting about how I should never have joined Verizon.


Caitlin: Good stuff.


1 comment:

  1. Honestly, though, in thirteen years with the same phone company, this is the first significant problem I have ever had.

    ReplyDelete